Well hello!! Thanks for stopping by the Natalie Colgan Photography website. I’m so happy you’re here! Let me tell you a little about myself.
I grew up in a small town just outside of Columbus, Ohio and ended up at Millikin University in Decatur, Illinois to study Vocal Music Education. From Decatur, I moved to the Chicago and LOVED it!! My time in the city was so special, so look out for some blog posts about those experiences. I eventually accepted a job way up north (almost into Wisconsin!) as a choir teacher. I love my job, my colleagues, and my students so much and look forward to going to work every day. Making music and developing the musical abilities of my students brings me so much joy!
I met my husband, Michael, in 2010 and it has been a whirlwind romance for sure! We just bought our first house (yay!!) and are parents to the most AMAZING twin girls, Madelyn and Charlotte. And let me tell you…these little girlfriends are spunky!! I’m so excited for you learn more about them through the blog…they are so funny 🙂
My interest in photography started when my daughters were born. I wanted to take better pictures of our family to preserve our experiences and be able to show them how cool their parents are!! (kidding…kinda!). From the moment I started taking pictures of my girls, a new passion developed. I fell in love FAST! I wanted to read/watch any literature I could get my hands on that would help me develop my skills. I have some FANTASTIC mentors that are so supportive and through their encouragement and my passion, Natalie Colgan Photography was born! I’m so excited for what this venture could do for my family and can’t wait to work with you to capture your joy!
Just for fun, I’ve listed a few quick facts about me!
- I am ADDICTED to Diet Coke. Literally….could drink it all day, every day.
- I have played piano for 20 years (geez, that make me feel old!)
- I use exclamation points WAY too much!!!
- I love to travel and can’t wait to share fun family vacations with my kids (and on the blog!)
- I love to cook
- I refinish furniture as a hobby, but never sell it!
- I hate gardening! Good thing Michael is good at it!
- I direct musicals at my school and through a community theatre.
- Our family has 2 cats, Roscoe and Delilah.
- I’m a die-hard Ohio State fan!! GO BUCKEYES!
Thanks for stopping by, friends!